Conferences - One-Day Conferences – Events
EVENTS – PRESENTATIONS
• On 13/5/2016 the DFLTI organized an event titled “Training translators: experiences and testimonies” within the framework of the International Literature and Translation Festival at the 13th Thessaloniki Book Fair. Speakers: Panagiotis Kelandrias, associate Professor; Vilelmini Sosoni, Lecturer; DFLTI Translation Studies graduates, as well as postgraduate students of translation and of interpreting at the Ionian and Aristotle University, respectively.
• On 12/4/2016 at the central library of the Ionian University, took place a presentation of the book “The New Science” of Giambattista Vico translated by Professor G. Kentrotis. The rector of the Ionian University Professor Vasilios Chrysikopoulos, Professor Nikos Karapidakis, Department of History, and Associate Professor Nikos Papadimitriou, DFLTI, opened the presentation. The panel discussion was moderated by Ionian University Deputy Rector, Associate Professor Konstantinos Angelakos.
• On 8/3/2016, Assistant Professors Maria Tsigou and Sotirios Livas gave a lecture titled “Linguistic pluralism and human rights in crisis-ridden Europe” at the Solomos Museum, Corfu, within the framework of collaboration between the Laboratory for Language and Politics of DFLTI and the Society for Corfiot Studies.
• On 5/10/2015 Vilelmini Sosoni, Lecturer, DFLTI, and Ismini Karantzi, postgraduate student of the Postgraduate Studies Programme “Translation Science”, held a presentation titled “AVT and Accessibility of People with Disabilities into Audiovisual material: SDH and AD” within the framework of the international Festival “Animation Be There!” Corfu Animation Festival, at the “Be Professional Forum: Animation Beyond Animation”, held in Corfu.
• On 27/4/2015 Vilelmini Sosoni, Lecturer, DFLTI, was invited to give a lecture to students of the Modern Greek Language Program of the Department of Classical Studies, Boston University, titled “Translation is the Language of Europe: The EU, its Policy of Multilingualism and its Implications for Translation”.
• On 16/2/2015, at the function hall of the Public Library of Corfu, professor G. Kentrotis presented his translation of 500 poems by Bertolt Brecht titled “This Babylonian confusion of words and 499 other poems”. The book was introduced by Nikolaos Papadimitriou, Associate Professor.
• On 27/2/2015 the DFLTI Interpreting Studies division organized a presentation-discussion in collaboration with the Corfu Bar Association on the topic of “Court Interpreting: Practical problems and potential solutions” with speakers: Zoi Resta and Anastasios Ioannidis, members of the DFLTI interpreting teaching staff, Panagiotis Alevantis, Head of Representation, European Commission Representation in Greece, and Marianna Asimakopoulou, Syn-eirmos Social Solidarity NGO-“Babel” Day Center. The presentation-discussion took place at the Function Hall of the Corfu Bar Association at the Corfu courthouse.